Monday, March 3, 2014

Done and Done...For Now

I've reached a milestone in my quest to become a young adult writer: I finished my manuscript. It's proofread, a query letter is written and I'm ready to start sending it around to agents. It's going to be scary to send my darling out there but it's also going to be pretty exciting. 

I have to admit, though, that I'm a little anxious. Not so much about the querying process or hopefully the editing process--I want my book to be as good as it can be--but about what life is going to be like for the next few weeks or months without these characters. I've lived with them in my head for years and their story is over, at least for now.

But like any good writer, I've got some irons in the fire and some ideas. At first, I thought I would continue my narrators' story but there's something else I'd like to work on first.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment