Monday, May 4, 2015

Reading Until My Eyes Hurt

Do you know how reading is either feast or famine? That is feels like there are a million good books to read or nothing at all? I'm in one of those lucky feast times where I've flown through the last few books that I've picked up. Here's a quick snapshot of two of the books that I loved so much that I read them until my eyes hurt.

A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas
Why I loved it: It's a Beauty and the Beast re-telling with some neat twists, including an excellently matched pair of protagonists. It's smart, funny, epic and both plot- and character-focused. And it seems like there might be a sequel...

The Walls Around Us, Nova Ren Suma
Why I loved it: In a nutshell, the writing. It moved me, surprised me and delighted me because the word choice was original and, in my opinion, spot on to the story telling. It's also the kind of book that teaches me about the craft of writing and characterization. Overall, an excellent read.



No comments:

Post a Comment