Friday, April 6, 2012

People Cheer the Gladiator Scenes in The Hunger Games?!

I haven't had a chance to see The Hunger Games movie yet but I have talked to a lot of people about their impressions of it. I was surprised when a few of them said that people cheered during the gladiator scenes set in the arena. I would have written it off as a one-time misconception if three different people (who saw the film at different time) all said the same thing to me.

This is confusing. In the books those scenes were horrifying. It's hard to imagine how they could be anything but that. Even in my favorite dark humor works nothing is safe from lampooning - except killing children. One example is the excellent film In Bruges.

Can somebody help me out with this? Why in the world would someone cheer at a time like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment